THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY (EXCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL US TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS) AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW AND AMERICAN ENGLISH. YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME YOU ENTER. INTERNET ACCESS AND EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE U.S. REQUIRED.
Cursus “Share Your Feedback Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE THROUGH OUR GRAB APP WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING A PRIZE.
- PERIOD OF VALIDITY: The “Sweepstakes Period” is from 12:00:01 am Central Standard Time (CST) October 5, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Start Date”) to 11:59:59pm CST October 31, 2018 (“Sweepstakes End Date”). Sponsor’s computer clock governs time.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 21 years of age and older as of the date of entry, who have internet access, have used the Grab feature in the American Airlines app, have filled out the survey provided by email, and are the authorized user of an email address in the U.S. Void in all U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless of where they live) or members of household of Cursus Technologies, Inc. d/b/a Grab (“Sponsor“), American Airlines, Inc. (“American” or “American Airlines”), their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, design, web design, web hosting and publicity agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Parties“), and anyone connected with the production or distribution of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
- HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes is entered only using the survey provided by e-mail. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your first name, a valid, working email address for which you are the authorized user and your zip code and submit during the Sweepstakes Period to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes after completing the survey. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries must be made by an individual from a standalone mobile device and may not be made by proxy or any electronic/automated means such as script, bot, macro, or any other similar software or program. You may not enter with multiple emails and/or multiple identities nor may you use any other device or artifice to obtain more than the maximum number of entries. All discovered entries made in violation of these rules will be disqualified. YOU MUST SUPPLY AN ACCURATE, FUNCTIONING EMAIL ADDRESS, FOR WHICH YOU ARE THE AUTHORIZED USER, FOR YOUR ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE AND TO BE NOTIFIED. “Authorized user” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet mail provider, Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. In the case of a dispute regarding who submitted a particular online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized user of the email account Entries must be received by October 31, 2018, when the Sweepstakes ends.
- DRAWING: One (1) potential winner will be chosen in a random drawing approximately five (5) after the Sweepstakes End Date from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Winner will be notified within five (5) days after the selection is made by email in Sponsor’s sole discretion. It is an entrant’s responsibility to keep his/her email address current and to monitor it. It is a potential winner’s responsibility to respond to an email message notification within five (5) business days of email send-time. Failure to respond within the applicable time period will result in forfeiture of prize and Sponsor shall have the option to award the prize to an alternate winner. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email messages. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. No entrant or winner shall have the right to contest any decision by the Sponsor concerning any aspect of the Sweepstakes or the interpretation of these Official Rules or the determination as to the qualification of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for those who cannot access the Internet, the Grab App, or cannot click-through for any period of time regardless of technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, network problems or virus contamination, force majeure, or human error and for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, human error or any other causes. Winners will be drawn from among all non-suspicious, eligible entries received up to the time of cancellation/termination. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry from the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole judgment entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Without limitation, all of an entrant’s entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, if entrant attempts (i) to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules; or (ii) provides information that is inaccurate or fraudulent; or (iii) attempts to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Promotion Entities assume no liability for damage caused to entrant’s or any other person’s device, software or communications network, regardless of cause. Only the prize listed in these Official Rules shall be awarded. Winner is responsible for complying with all American Airlines rules regarding use of airline miles as well as with all travel regulations. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant explicitly releases, discharges and holds harmless the Promotion Entities and all their respective shareholders, estates, assigns, employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including all “costs”, which s/he now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation or non-participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and use or misuse of a prize, including any travel related thereto. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU By accepting a prize, winner waives the right to (i) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and (ii) claim any liability (including attorney’s fees and costs) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto). The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion of a prize) of comparable or greater value. A prize or prize notification that is returned as undeliverable will disqualify the winner and an alternative winner shall be selected in random drawings. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules.
- PRIZE: 25,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will be awarded to the winner’s AAdvantage® miles account. If the/a winner is not an AAdvantage Miles Award member, s/he must create a free account at aa.com by clicking on “AAdvantage” and then on “Join AAdvantage Loyalty Program” in order to be awarded the miles. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the terms and conditions of the AAdvantage Miles program. Sponsor shall not be liable for any failure to receive the miles as a result of a failure to comply with the American Airlines’ AAdvantage® Loyalty Program as well as with the AAdvantage® program Terms and Conditions, which can be found at www.aa.com/aadvantage.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, voice and likeness and any and all identifying characteristics (excluding address, phone and email address) for promotional, advertising and publicity purposes by Sponsor (including, without limitation, posting to a Sweepstakes winners list); this permission includes, but is not limited to, the taking of photographs and/or videos by Sponsor’s photographer/videographer for publicity purposes, without further consent or compensation, unless prohibited by law and winner agrees to execute any and all documents requested by Sponsor to convey such rights to own all the results thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM: Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions thereof. Entrant further agrees that any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be brought exclusively in the applicable federal or state courts located in Harris County, State of Texas. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and never shall include consequential, incidental, multiplied or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys’ or “experts’ fees.” Some jurisdictions will not recognize the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Texas and/or do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you. If any provision of the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakes entrants. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- WINNERS LIST: Send a self-addressed, stamped, #10, business envelope to: Winners – Cursus Technologies, Inc “Share Your Feedback Sweepstakes”, 3302 Canal Street, Suite 13, Houston, Texas 77003. Requests must be received by November 30, 2018. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied requests allowed; only one (1) request per person or outer mailing envelope. You cannot enter the Sweepstakes using this address. Entries mailed to this address will be discarded.
- SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Cursus Technologies, Inc., 3302 Canal Street, Suite 13, Houston, Texas 77003. The Sweepstakes is not sponsored or administered by American Airlines, Inc.