Effective Date: October 15, 2018
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties as further set out below, as well as automatically through your use of the Grab Feature. We may combine the information that we collect, whether directly from you, automatically, or from social networks for the reasons set out in the How We Use Your Information section below.
Information We Collect Directly From You. We collect information directly from you when you register with us, place an order, request information from us, or otherwise contact us. The type of information that we collect from you depends on your interaction with the Grab Feature, and may include: your name, email address, phone number, current location, destination location, flight information, ordering preferences (including for retail and concessions) and additional information that you may provide to us at our request from time to time. If you make a purchase from us, we will also collect your payment information and billing address.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We automatically collect certain information about your use of our Feature, including but not limited to:
- your precise location;
- web pages and sites you view;
- advertising and promotions displayed to you;
- links you click;
- pages viewed;
- time within our Feature;
- referring app, URL or the webpage that led you to our Feature;
- device-related data, including device type, device model, device identifier, device name, mobile device ID, application ID, device language, and time zone;
- IMEI and MAC address; and
- other statistical or technical information related to your device, your use of the Feature, or the version of our Feature that you are using.
Important Note: This Feature will continue to track your location through beacons and other technologies even when you are not using the Feature.
Please see the section “Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
Information We Collect About You From Other Sources.
We may obtain information about you from third party sources, such as the companies we work with to provide services to you (i.e., restaurants or other merchants), affiliates, data aggregators or other public databases.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Grab Feature to you, to administer customer accounts, to run our business, to communicate with you about your use of our Feature, to respond to your inquiries, to process and fulfill your orders, to send you updates about your orders (including through push notifications and text messages, at your election) and for other customer service purposes.
- To track your location and proximity to merchants in order to provide services to you.
- To send you text message/SMS notifications regarding orders placed through the Grab Feature and promotions that you may opt in to.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Grab Feature.
To better understand how users access and use our Grab Feature, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to maintain and improve our Feature and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To administer a customer or user loyalty program.
- To conduct benchmarking, analytics and statistical analysis.
- For purposes of data integrity and data security.
- To meet legal or regulatory requirements. We are required to comply with certain legal and regulatory requirements and we may process your information in order to comply with those requirements. Occasionally, we may be asked to provide certain information to regulators or law enforcement agencies and we will comply with these requests where legally required or permitted.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- Service Providers. We disclose your information to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform administrative and operational functions on our behalf, however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your information will be governed by a contract requiring them to only use and disclose data in accordance with this Policy. We may also share your information with third party service providers to enable those service providers to: (i) process and fulfill your orders; and (ii) review and analyze statistical information pertaining to the Grab Feature.
- Third Parties. We may share your information with third parties for marketing and advertising purposes on our Feature. For example, we may share your information with third parties, such as merchants and airport operators that wish to run an ad promoting their products or services that are available for sale via the Grab Feature, or that wish to encourage you to use the Feature. We may also share your information with third parties with whom you place an order, to facilitate fulfillment of your order.
In addition, we may process or share your information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. To comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties to assist us in our own marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Our Use of Tracking Mechanisms
We and our third party service providers use technologies designed for mobile apps and other tracking mechanisms to track information about your use of our Feature. We may combine this information with other personal information we collect from you (and our third party service providers may do so on our behalf).
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section.
Our Feature may contain links to third-party websites or allow you to post content to (or transmit content to) third-party websites, including without limitation to perform commercial transactions. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented safeguards designed to protect the information we collect from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Please be aware no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
Access To My Personal Information
If we require you to register with us, you may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Feature for a longer period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
To cease the collection of your information by the Feature, you will need to delete the Feature from your mobile device. Deletion of the Feature will not cease our use of the information that has already been collected by the Feature pursuant to this Policy.
This Feature will send you text message/SMS notices. You may turn off text message/SMS notices for this Feature through the phone settings screen or the Feature’s settings.
To do that, after activation, reply with STOP or go into the Feature’s settings to opt-out. Reply HELP for help. Message & Data rates may apply. The number of text messages you receive may vary based on your account activity.
Special Information for California Consumers
If You are a California resident, you may request (once a year) a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed your personal information for their own direct marketing purposes. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: email@example.com. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
Children Under 13
Our Grab Feature is not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Feature or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Feature. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Feature.